Cleaning Gold Filled Jewelry
We all love to wear our favorite pieces day after day, even while working out or hitting the beach. While our gold filled jewelry is designed to withstand the wear and tear, dirt and oils still get into tiny little spaces we can't easily get to and make them look dull.
In this video, we'll show you a quick way to get your Splash Jewels shining bright, as they should be.
We use two bowls as a demo, but feel free to rinse these out in your sink (make sure the drain is closed - we don't want any jewelry making its way down the drain!)
- Begin with a bowl of warm water and a few drops of dish soap. Make sure it's visibly soapy. Any dish soap works, the idea is that this is meant to cut oil. Let your jewelry soak for a few minutes.
- Using a soft bristle toothbrush (use one only for cleaning your jewelry), gently clean in between the links, nooks and crannies of each piece.
- Rinse them under running water for a few moments to ensure all of the soap, dirty and oil are rinsed away.
- Tap dry with a soft cotton cloth.
- Make it shine! Grab your hair dryer and blow-dry each piece. Yes - we said blow-dry your jewelry. This will help push out any remaining dirt and help it shine again.
- Repeat this process any time you feel the need. Remember, we clean and care for our makeup brushes often, why not give the same TLC to our jewelry?
The Splash Crew