Grab your Pumpkin Spice Latte and your favorite scarf because fall is almost here and that means one thing: layers!
We live in Miami, so fall layers look a little different for us. Sure, we can enjoy lattes and the occasional scarf, but when we layer, we're usually referring to our jewelry.
Who remembers the days we wore a single bracelet and necklace? I think we can all agree on one thing: layering is everything! From a simple camisole paired with a perfectly draped cardigan or modern blazer, to the perfect arm party, you can’t wear just one. Enter the stack, the perfectly layered neck and the ear party.
There is an art to stacking and layering. Just like a good relationship, it is about carefully curating each piece to compliment each other, but never compete. After all, it should effortless. If you’re going for a delicate and daintier look, try keeping each piece delicate, so none of them are lost in the mix. When wearing a bold, chunky look, be a little choosier with each piece. This should compliment you, not be overbearing.
Let’s take a look at some basics for layering your favorite pieces.
- Start with a delicate choker length at or above the collar bone
- Leave 1.5 to 2 inches between each layer
- Work your way down from the daintiest to the heaviest pieces being your longer layers
- Choose different chain styles, thickness, and weight to add interest and texture
- Anti-tangle tips: begin with the thinnest necklace first and avoid wearing all thin chains
- Stack in odd numbers – 3, 5, 7 or even 9 if you're feeling bold
- Choose your center piece and work your way out from there in both directions
- Don’t shy away from mixing stretchy bracelets with bold link and bangles, do try to find some common ground between them that ties them in effortlessly
- Begin with your statement piece on your main piercing, as this will be the focal point of your ear party
- Don’t be afraid to mix and match and wear complimenting earrings on either side. The key here is complimenting. Make them different but keep them in sync: think star-moon, yin-yang, yes-no.
- Ear cuffs are a great alternative to additional piercings. They instantly give you the stacked ear party look with the flexibility to place them where you need and zero commitment!
- Stack various rings on one finger or various fingers with one ring each
- When stacking multiple rings on one finger, keep in mind to size up. As the bands become thicker, you may need a half size to a full size larger – especially as you get closer to the knuckle
- If rings tend to bother you (mainly in the hot summer months) try looking for rings with thin bands and wearing one on each finger vs all stacked on one. You can still rock that cool girl layered looked without sacrificing comfort.
- Midi rings can double pinky rings for those times you’re feeling a little extra
Now that you're a stacking pro, let's get some inspo and take a look at some of our favorite layered sets from our latest collection.